DisrupTV was on the road at The World Economic Forum in Davos this week. What’s trending and on the minds of leaders from across the globe, especially the executives in Switerzland braving the freezing snowfall and massive transit congestion?
R “Ray" Wang, founder and principal analyst at Constellation Research, and Vala Afshar, chief digital evangelist at Salesforce, caught up with some inspirational thought leaders at the Wipro Pavilion to share the latest thoughts from Davos and the top ideas for 2018 from experts in tech policy, economic challenges, blockchain, innovation, cultural shifts and entrepreneurship.
Blockchain was all the rage on the technology front with concurrent conferences that brought innovative sessions, drew interested investors, and attracted entrepreneurs to converge unofficially at Davos. The use cases on supply chain, commerce, public sector reform, drug discovery, patient care, and finance rose to the top. The unofficial CryptoHQ conference proved to be a hit, leading the way by bringing non-traditional Davos attendees to participate in the conversations.
On the non-technology side, global business leaders focused on responding to the U.S. tax law changes and addressing inequality in the workplace. Leaders continue talking around the goal of bringing together a shared future in a fractured world through pay equality, job creation, tech for good, and inclusion programs.
Many of these themes can be found in Constellation’s upcoming Futurist Framework for 2018 - 2022. The beta preview of Constellation’s Futurist Framework was also released sharing the first three elements of Economic, Societal and Political trends for 2018 to 2020.
Check out Wednesdays interviews with:
- Richie Etwaru, CDO at IQVIA & Author of "Blockchain: Trust Companies"
- Jayraj Nair, Global Head of IoT and VP at Wipro
- David Chou, VP & CIO/CDO at Children’s Mercy Kansas City
- Saul Kaplan, Founder and Chief Catalyst at Business Innovation Factory.
Check out Tuesday’s interviews with:
- Bernt Wahl, Executive Director of Brain Machine Consortium
- Nigel Cameron, Tech/Futures Editor of UnHerd and President Emeritus
- Joanne Moretti, SVP & Chief Marketing Officer at Jabil and General Manager at Radius Innovation and Development
- Steven Waterhouse, Co-Founder of Orchid Labs
Here's Monday’s interviews with:
- Naveen Rajdev, CMO at Wipro
- Annalie Killian, Catalyst and Amplifier & Engagement Director at sparks & honey
- Nagesh Rao, Eisenhower Fellow & AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassador Advisor