Netsuite Sees Venda As Key To EMEA Expansion
On July 17th, 2014, San Mateo, CA based NetSuite announced the acquisition of London based Venda for an undisclosed sum. Since General Manager Andrew Lloyd’s arrival in January 2011, NetSuite has made several acquisitions to bolster its standing in the world of Matrix Commerce with OrderMotion in May 2013 for order management expertise and Retail Anywhere in January 2013 for multichannel commerce. Customers and prospects should care about the deal because:
- NetSuite gains an EMEA presence. Venda brings over 75 customers mostly based in EMEA to NetSuite. Notable brands include Arsenal Football Club, BBC Worldwide, The British Museum, JVC, Laura Ashely, Metropolitan Museum of Art, McLaren Automotive, Orange, Sharp, and Tesco.
Point of View (POV): Venda’s micro vertical specialization includes key areas such as apparel/accessories, art galleries/museums, consumer electronics, pharma/beauty products, specialty retail, sporting, and telecom/media. The deep focus on micro-verticals
- Venda adds matrix commerce credibility to NetSuite. Venda’s Convergent Commerce approach addressed many of the key matrix commerce components of any channel, demand signals, supply chains, digital enablers, and analytics (Figure 1). While not perfect, customers chose Venda over other options for a more complete digital commerce solution and vertical expertise. Venda also offered comprehensive ecommerce design, build, operational and support services,
(POV): Customers seeking a more robust offering across all touch points should consider NetSuite Suite Commerce. The solution addresses complex business models for (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, P2P, etc.). Constellation sees Venda as two tier Matrix Commerce offering with more advanced customers evolving to NetSuite Suite Commerce.
Figure 1. Venda’s Convergent Commerce Approach Provided Many Matrix Commerce Requirements
The Bottom Line: The Goal Must Be Campaign To Commerce Not OmniChannel
As vendors seek to build out the key components of matrix commerce, customers and prospects can expect continued consolidation in the market. However, the goal isn’t just better commerce or order management. The vendors with a long term vision must build out the campaign to commerce capability. Why? Organizations and brands no longer sell products nor services. Customers are buying experiences and outcomes. This requires design thinking around the overall buyer experience. The shift from selling products to keeping brand promises requires solutions that deliver end to end campaign to commerce. Vendors who can deliver on marketing, sales, service, and commerce will win. Netsuite’s acquisitions and SuiteCommerce offerings hint at this understanding of the matrix commerce requirements (see Figure 3). Time will tell if they build out or acquire the full matrix commerce road map that customers seek.
Figure 3. Components Of Matrix Commerce Support A Buyer Centric Design
Ready for matrix commerce? Are you a Venda or NetSuite customer? Do you see synergies in this acquisition? Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org.
Please let us know if you need help with your Digital Business transformation efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Building a Digital ARTISAN program
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- Event Report: #AdobeSummit Celebrates Digital Marketing From Creative To Commerce
- News Analysis: Sitecore Acquires Commerce Server In Quest Towards Customer Experience Management
- Event Report: Metaio’s #InsideAR Conference Hails The Future Of An Always On, Always Augmented Reality
- News Analysis: Avangate Acquired By Francisco Partners For Matrix Commerce Capabilities
- News Analysis: Kana Express 13 Addresses Omni-Channel Customer Service for Mid-Market
- News Analysis: Zuora Raises $50M Series E Round, Rides #MatrixCommerce Wave
- Monday’s Musings: Four Elements for A #SharingEconomy Biz Model In #MatrixCommerce
- Research Report: Digital ARTISANs – The Seven Building Blocks Behind Building A Digital Business DNA
- Research Summary: Five Societal Shifts Showcase The Digital Divide Ahead (The Futurist Framework Part 2)
- Research Summary: Next Generation CIOs Aspire To Focus More On Innovation And The Chief Digital Officer Role
- Trends: [VIDEO] The Digital Business Disruption Ahead Preview – NASSCOM India Leadership Forum (#NASSCOM_ILF)
- News Analysis: New #IBMWatson Business Group Heralds The Commercialization Of Cognitive Computing. Ready For Augmented Humanity?
- Harvard Business Review: What a Big Data Business Model Looks Like
- Monday’s Musings: How The Five Consumer Tech Macro Pillars Influence Enterprise Software Innovation
- Tuesday’s Tip: Understand The Five Generation Of Digital Workers And Customers
- Monday’s Musings: The Chief Digital Officer In The Age Of Digital Business
- Slide Share: The CMO vs CIO – Pathways To Collaboration
- Event Report: CRM Evolution 2013 – Seven Trends In The Return To Digital Business And Customer Centricity
- News Analysis: Salesforce 1 Signals Support For Digital Business at #DF13
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy,stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 -2014 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on an a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience.
The post News Analysis: Netsuite Acquires Venda For Digital Commerce And EMEA Expansion appeared first on A Software Insider's Point of View.