Customer Success Management Pioneer Adds Key Functionality For March 2014 Release
On March 18th, Mountain View, CA based Gainsight announced the Spring 2014 release of its customerssuccess management platform. Led by CEO Nick Mehta, the cloud software vendor has received over $29M in funding from key investors such as Bain Capital, Battery Ventures, Capital Innovators, Cultivation Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, and Summit Partners. In addition to the latest release, the company added two industry veterans Sherif Botros from SAP as Chief Data Scientist and Puja Ramani from Facebook as Director of Product Management and Analytics.
Five key features designed for the largest of enterprises were announced for the Gainsight Spring 2014 release and include:
- Support for sponsor tracking with LinkedIn and InsideView. New feature takes contacts listed in a client's CRM system and monitors status changes in InsideView and Linkedin. Known as Gainsight Sponsor Tracking, the feature also adds relevant news, events, and CRM intelligence. These additional, external data points factor into a holistic customer health score that includes usage, support, engagement, and and other relationship health metrics..
Point of View (POV): A top root cause for churn is an executive sponsor's departure. The automated system serves as an early warning indicator when status changes for key contacts to help provide the advantage of time and insight when protecting renewals and future upsell. The feature also locates potential advocate or customers to on board.
- Delivery of a Salesforce1 mobile app . The Gainsight Salesforce1 Mobile App integrates natively with Salesforce (see Figure 1). The Gainsight offering allows users access on Android and iOS phones and tablets. Alerts, tasks, customer health data, and survey feedback are integrated with Salesforce system data.
(POV): Mobility tops this year's list of key enabling digital technologies in almost every Constellation survey. Customers can take advantage of in-between and wait times to update customer health and fill notes via the application. Many existing customers expect that this feature will improve team productivity from 10 to 25%.
Figure 1. Gainsight Delivers a Native Integration To Salesforce1
- Release of Gainsight Success Snapshots. As a new data visualization publishing feature, the solution helps clients build and publish data filled presentations, executive updates, and QBR reports. Users can populate presentations with customer queries or templated reports.
(POV): Customers seek not only good reporting tools, but also consumer grade user experience and ease of use. Data visualization tools play a key role in effectively democratizing the data to decision process among stakeholders championing customer success.
- Introduction of Gainsight Home. The personalized dashboard aggregates relevant information and enables team collaboration (see Figure 2). Gainsight Home allows customer success managers to configure relevant data and workflow views.
(POV): Gainsight Home provides personal analytics for the customer success manager. Reports and dashboards can be customized. Upcoming tasks can be tracked and monitored. The system enables the benchmarking of performance and customer success manager career development and advancement.
Figure 2. Gainsight Home Provides Personalized Dashboards
- Launch of enterprise permissions to support collaboration. Gainsight Enterprise Permissions allows admins to define role based security. Key permissions include create, edit, delete, and publish for objects such as customer and company data, surveys, and blended data reports.
(POV): The capability provides an initial step to delivering enterprise class security. Organizations having to address compliance now have a baby step towards risk mitigation. More enterprise class features will be needed going forward as the customer success manager role expands into the enterprise.
The Bottom Line: The Recurring Revenue World Depends On Top Notch Customer Success Management
The customer success management movement gains traction as the shift from traditional business models to digital business models requires leaders to prioritize efforts to grow recurring revenue. Top notch customer success management automates the monitoring of key factors driving churn risk, provides the predictive analytics to anticipate risks, and shares best practice playbooks to improve success. Organizations must successfully master customer success management in order to drive down churn, build up-sell and cross-sell opportunities, and successfully engage customers across a continuum of customer experience.
Ready to add customer success management? Have you improved outcomes with a forma Customer Success Management program. Are you embarking on a digital business transformation? Let us know how it’s going! Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) com.
Please let us know if you need help with your Customer Centricity and Digital Business transformation efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Assessing customer centricity readiness
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- Tuesday’s Tip: Seven Lessons Learned In Customer Experience Strategies During A Data Breach (such as Target’s)
- Tuesday’s Tip: Understand The Five Generation Of Digital Workers
- Monday’s Musings: The Chief Digital Officer In The Age Of Digital Business
- Slide Share: The CMO vs CIO – Pathways To Collaboration
- Event Report: Seven Trends From This Year’s Human Resources Technology Conference 2013 (#HRTechConf)
- Event Report: Metaio’s #InsideAR Conference Hails The Future Of An Always On, Always Augmented Reality
- Event Report: CRM Evolution 2013 – Seven Trends In The Return To Digital Business And Customer Centricity
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
- Monday’s Musings: The Controversy Surrounding Gartner’s CRM Market Share Analysis
- Research Summary: Constellation Cosmos – Cloud Bill of Rights for SaaS Apps, Actian and Netsuite Achieve Epic Status
- Trends: Seven Priorities In The Shift From CMO to Chief Digital Officer
- Monday’s Musings: Understand The Four Organizational Personas Of Disruptive Tech Adoption
- Event Report: The Tweet Stream From #DF12
- Event Report: Dreamforce X (#DF12) Emerges As The South By Southwest (#SXSW) For The Enterprise
- Monday’s Musings: The New Engagement Platform Drives The Shift From Transactions
- News Analysis: KANA Enters MidMarket With Trinicom Acquisition
- Best Practices: From First To Worst – Continental In A Post United World, Lessons In Next Gen Customer Experience
- Monday’s Musings: Seven Basic Privacy Rights Users Should Demand For Social Business
- Monday’s Musings: Balancing The Six S’s In Consumerization Of IT
- Monday’s Musings: A Working Vendor Landscape For Social Business
- Product Review: Google+, Consumerization of IT, and Crossing The Chasm For Enterprise Social Business
- Monday’s Musings: Using MDM To Build A Complete Customer View In A Social Era
- Monday’s Musings: Mastering When and How High End Brands Should Use Daily Deal Sites Such As Groupon
- Best Practices: Applying Social Business Challenges To Social Business Maturity Models
- Research Summary: Software Insider’s Top 25 Posts For 2010
- Best Practices: Five Simple Rules For Social Business
- Research Report: How The Five Pillars Of Consumer Tech Influence Enterprise Innovation
- Research Report: Next Gen B2B and B2C E-Commerce Priorities Reflect Macro Level Trends
- Tuesday’s Tip: Applying The Five Stages Of Adoption Towards SCRM Projects
- Monday’s Musings: Avoiding Failure In Social CRM Projects Requires Ecosystem Coordination
- Research Report: The 18 Use Cases of Social CRM – The New Rules of Relationship Management
- Monday’s Musings: Why Every Social CRM Initiative Needs An MDM Backbone
- Monday’s Musings: 10 Essential Elements For Social Enterprise Apps
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy, stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 -2014 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience