Partnership with Cisco Signals Apple's Seriousness About Growing Enterprise Sales
On August 31st, 2015 at the annual Cisco sales kick-off, Global Sales Experience (#GSX), 20,000 attendees witnessed a surprise appearance by Apple CEO Tim Cook with Cisco’s Chairman, John Chambers. The surprise announcement brought forth a new alliance designed to boost sales for both organizations in the enterprise.
- Improved experiences. Apple and Cisco are partnering to improve the experience for iPhone and iPad in the enterprise.
- Creating a technology differentiation. By reducing redundancy and improving caching, enterprise users will experience better performance from iOS devices and Cisco Networks.
- Driving reliability. Cisco networks will be optimized for easy connections for Apple devices to improve reliability.
Here’s the quick video analysis of the deal (see Figure 1).
Figure 1. Video Analysis Of The Cisco – Apple Announcement
The Bottom Line: Apple Is Serious About Partnering To Grow Enterprise Sales
From the IBM deal last year, to this Cisco deal, Apple shows its commitment to growing in the enterprise. More importantly, Apple could have tried to enter the market by itself, howver, it realizes that good partnerships are key to success. In fact, Apple knows who they are and what they are good at. As with future partnerships, expect Apple to identify alliances where they can deliver complimentary skill sets and of course drive iPad and other iOS device sales. Based on the rumors of a Tim Cook appearance at #BoxWorks, one can expect another announcement some time soon.
What do you think of the partnership? Do you think Apple has the right strategy? Will Cisco sell more networking with the Apple partnership? Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org.
Please let us know if you need help with your Digital Business transformation efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- Event Report: Oracle Open World 2014 – Day 1 #OOW14
- Event Report: Day 1 At Oracle Open World 2013: The Quest For Innovation #oow13
- 20130629 News Analysis: Oracle’s Cloud Disruption Webinar Recording
- 20130625 News Analysis: Oracle’s Cloud Strategy – Revisionist History or Cloud Genius?
- 20121231 Market Maker 1:1: Steve Miranda, Oracle Fusion Applications Update – The Inside Story
- 20121001 Event Report: The Day 0 And Day 1 Tweet Stream From OOW12
- News Analysis: Infosys One-Year After Vishal Sikka August 4, 2015
- Event Report: Sage Summit 2015 Shows A Refocus On The Future Of The SMB Customer July 29, 2015
- News Analysis: Inside The Rationale Behind @LinkedIn Turning Off Its CSV Connections Download Tool July 25, 2015
- News Analysis: How @LinkedIn Is Creating A Personal Data Hostage Crisis For Its Users July 25, 2015
- Tuesday’s Tip: Apply For A SuperNova Award – Recognize Leaders In Digital Business July 21, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 10 From Disrupting Digital Business – Segment By Digital Proficiency Not Age July 12, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 9 From Disrupting Digital Business – Deliver Intention Driven, Mass Personalization At Scale July 2, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 8 From Disrupting Digital Business – Democratize Distribution With P2P Networks June 22, 2015
- Webinar Invite: Delivering on Continuity – The Future of Marketing June 15, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 7 From Disrupting Digital Business – Humanize Digital With Digital Artisans June 14, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 6 From Disrupting Digital Business – Win With Network Economies June 10, 2015
- Product Review: Two Apple Watch Enterprise Apps Launched With IMS Health Life Sciences Wearable Platform June 7, 2015
- Event Report: Zuora’s #Subscribed15 Shows How Organizations Can Power Their Digital Transformation Initiatives May 31, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 5 From Disrupting Digital Business – Build For Insight Streams May 31, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 4 From Disrupting Digital Business – Know That Data Is The Foundation May 25, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 3 From Disrupting Digital Business – Sell The Smallest Unit You Can May 17, 2015
- Webinar Invite: Disrupting Digital Business – The Customer Experience Imperative May 16, 2015
- Quips: Networked Economy Models Emerge Should Verizon Gain Approval To Acquire AOL May 12, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 2 From Disrupting Digital Business – Keep Brand Promises In An Attention Economy May 10, 2015
- Research Summary: The Correct Way to Use Customer Data May 6, 2015
- Event Report: Insights Into The New NetSuite At SuiteWorld 2015 May 9, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 1 From Disrupting Digital Business May 3, 2015
- Personal Log: Read Chapter One of Disrupting Digital Business April 22, 2015
- Press Release: Registration Opens for Inaugural Constellation Digital Disruption Tour April 16, 2015
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy,stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website. * Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt. Copyright © 2001 -2015 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved. Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience.