The SuperNova Awards honor leaders that demonstrate excellence in the application and adoption of new and emerging technologies.
In its fifth year, the Constellation SuperNova Awards will recognize eight individuals who demonstrate true leadership in digital business through their application and adoption of new and emerging technologies. We’re searching for leaders and teams who have innovatively applied disruptive technolgies to their business models as a means of adapting to the rapidly-changing digital business environment. Special emphasis will be given to projects that seek to redefine how the enterprise uses technology on a large scale.
We’re searching for the boldest, most transformative technology projects out there. If you or someone you know has what it takes to compete in the SuperNova Awards, fill out the application here:
Learn more about last year's winners
CoIT & The New C-Suite
Data to Decisions
Digital Marketing Transformation
Future of Work
Next Generation Customer Experience
Technology Optimization & Innovation
The Constellation SuperNova Awards are the first and only awards to celebrate the leaders and teams who have overcome the odds to successfully apply emerging and disruptive technologies for their organizations.
The Constellation SuperNova Awards are the first and only awards to celebrate the leaders and teams who have overcome the odds to successfully apply emerging and disruptive technologies for their organizations. We at Constellation know advancing the adoption of disruptive technology is not easy. Disruptive technology adoption often faces resistance from supporters of the status quo, myopia, and financial constraint. We believe actors fighting these forces to champion disruptive technology within their organizations help, not only their organizations, but society as a whole to realize the potential of new and emerging technologies.
This annual search for innovators includes an all star judging panel, substantial prizes, invite-only admission and speaking opportunities at Constellation's premier innovation summit - Connected Enterprise.
The SuperNova Awards process is comprised of two phases.
Phase I: Judging panel reviews applications to determine SuperNova Award finalists
Phase II: Voting opens to the public. A combination of the public and judges votes will determine the winners of the SuperNova Awards. Judges votes are weighted at 75% of the total.
Winners are announced at the SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner during Connected Enterprise.
SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner
The SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner is the award ceremony during which the SuperNova Award winners are announced. This semi-formal dinner will be held November 4, 2015 on the first night of Constellation's Connected Enterprise innovation summit. All SuperNova Award finalists are strongly encouraged to attend.
All finalists are awarded one complimentary ticket to Constellation's Connected Enterprise, valued at $2,600.*
*Lodging and travel not included.
Technology thought leaders, analysts, and journalists selected for their futurist mindset and ability to separate substance from hype carefully evaluate each SuperNova Award application against a rigorous set of criteria. Judges look for individuals and teams that battle the odds to bring disruptive technologies to their organizations. Judges look for applications that display leadership, overcoming obstacles to implement disruptive/emerging technologies, innovative use of adoption techniques, and replicability.
Award categories center around Constellation's business research themes. Award categories:
- Consumerization of IT & The New C-Suite - The Enterprise embraces consumer tech, and perfects it.
- Data to Decisions - Using data to make informed business decisions.
- Digital Marketing Transformation - Put away that megaphone. Marketing in the digital age requires a new approach.
- Future of Work - The processes and technologies addressing the rapidly shifting work paradigm.
- Matrix Commerce - Commerce responds to changing realities from the supply chain to the storefront.
- Next Generation Customer Experience - Customers in the digital age demand seamless service throughout all lifecycle stages and across all channels.
- Safety and Privacy - Not 'security'. Safety and Privacy is the art and science of the art and science of protecting information assets, including your most important assets: your people.
- Technology Optimization & Innovation - Innovative methods to balance innovation and budget requirements.
Finalists in each category will be awarded one complimentary ticket to Constellation's Connected Enterprise.
Winners in each category will win a one-year subscription to Constellation’s Research Library.
- February 25, 2015 application process begins.
- August 7, 2015 last day for submissions.
- September 2, 2015 finalists announced and invited to Connected Enterprise.
- September 14, 2015 voting opens to the public
- October 2, 2015 polls close
- November 4, 2015 Winners announced, SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner at Connected Enterprise
Check back often as we'll be updating these FAQs frequently.
- Can we submit our application for more than one category? Sure. Tailor your application for relevancy, and resubmit your application for each additional category.
- I work for a vendor/PR firm, and want to submit a client for an award, how can I ensure the application isn't disqualified? You may submit an application for a client, but ensure the contact information on the application belongs to the applicant; not you. We will disqualify any applications in which the contact information and applicant information do not match. You may add your contact information alongside your client's information.
Can I nominate a client? Yes, but you must provide client contact information. Any applications without client contact information will be disqualified.
What should I write about? The SuperNova Awards use a set application designed to highlight innovative adoption practices, the effect of disruptive technology, and the leadership of the nominee. You should do your best to emphasize unique adoption hurdles, resulting change in business model as a result of the implementation, and provide strong metrics to show the business value of the project to the organization. Download a sample application.
- Any insight into what you're looking for? We're looking for end users who are utilizing technology in an innovative way. We understand the trials of disruptive technology adoption, and we want to honor those who are making it happen within their organizations.
What are the elements of the Awards application? Preview a copy of the awards application here: http://constellationr.com/content/what-expect-when-applying-supernova-award. Review applications of previous SuperNova Award winners here: https://www.constellationr.com/content/supernova-award-winners
Are there fees to enter the awards? Nope.
Portions of my submission are under NDA. Will you honor NDAs? You should not submit any information that is under NDA. The information in the application will be published to the Constellation website for public voting should you advance to the finalist round.
What is the difference between the "Metrics" and the "Results" section of the application? The "Results" are the results of your project--before and after results work well here. We're looking for an explanation of how your project changed your organization, company, or industry. The "Metrics" are essentially the numbers to back the "Results" section of the application. We want to see numbers in the Metrics section.
Can international applicants apply for the Awards? Yes! We accept international and domestic applications. The SuperNova Awards is a global search for the most innovative technology projects!
When will the SuperNova Award finalists be announced? Finalists will be announced on September 2, 2015. All finalists are invited to attend Constellation's Connected Enterprise innovation summit. Constellation's Connected Enterprise | November 4-6, 2015 | San Francisco Bay Area
When will the SuperNova Award winners be announced? The SuperNova Award winners will be announced live, on stage at the SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner - on the first night of Constellation's Connected Enterprise on November 4, 2015.
When do the polls open? The polls are open September 14 - October 2. More information about voting after Constellation announces SuperNova Award finalists on September 2, 2015.
How do I vote? Come back September 9, and you'll be able to cast your vote directly from the Constellation website!
Subscribe to Constellation's Digital Business Newsletter