The €5.2 Billion Tech Company Most CXO's Have Never Heard Of
On June 12th to 15th, Hexagon, AB held their user conference at the Caesar's Forum in Las Vegas Nevada. The event showcased how Hexagon has built a foundation for bringing the real world to the digital world using reality capture, positioning, autonomous technologies,design and simulation, and location intelligence. As some enterprises may know, Hexagon was founded in 1975 and has completed over 170 acquisitions. With over 24,000 employees and €5.2 billion in revenue, Hexagon is a relatively unknown major technology player operating in the digital reality solutions space.
Hexagon, AB Brings Two Key Ecosystems Together - Production and People
Hexagon serves nine main ecosystems breaking down into two main categories: production ecosystems and people ecosystems. Production includes farms, mines, industrial & facilities, and manufacturing. People includes defense, cities and nations, infrastructure, and buildings. The core platform is represented by autonomous mobility solutions
Source: Hexagon AB
Here's a brief analysis of each ecosystem:
- Autonomous mobility ecosystem provides a platform for drones, marine vessels, on-and-off-road vehicles and equipment, and robotics. The goal is to ease congestion and pollution, save lives,, and create safe and efficient worksites. Hexagon claims to have delivered more safe, reliable, autonomous driving research vehicles.
- Building ecosystem delivers a complete lifecycle of vertical structures throughout the life of the asset. Value creation comes from optimized resources, less rework, and on plan, on time and on budget delivery. The world's tallest building, the Burj Kahlifa in Dubai, used Hexagon's solutions.
- Cities and nations ecosystem connects mission and business-critical data for well-informed decision making. The objective of situational awareness enables always safe environments, highest quality of life, and sustainable economic growth. Hexagon's solutions protect almost 1 billion people.
- Defense ecosystem ensures autonomous situational and strategic awareness. Successful outcomes include assured safety, secure and protected environments, and complete situational awareness.
- Farms ecosystem build a complete lifecycle for agricultural crops and forests. These digital solutions allow agricultural owners to use data to optimize inputs such as energy and land, drive higher yields with better ROI, and reduce waste by applying sustainable methods. Hexagon hopes to reduce 25% of the world's greenhouse gases through ti's solutions.
- Industrial facilities ecosystem applies digital reality solutions to model complex industrial plants and ships. Across design, plan, build, operate, and maintain, operators can lower emissions, deliver longer lifespans, and provide safe and efficient operations. Over half of the world's oil, gas, and chemical plants use Hexagon.
- Infrastructure ecosystem utilizes digital reality solutions to support large scale engineering projects across plan, design, prepare, construct, operate, and maintain phases. Users gain optimized resources, less rework, and successful implementation timelines. Hexagon's solutions were used to produce the world's longest railway tunnel and the world's widest suspension bridge.
- Manufacturing ecosystem helps asset owners learn and adapt quickly to evolving conditions and optimize manufacturing processes. Success across design and implementation, production, inspection, and digital transformation results in fewer inputs, less waste, and higher quality. Solutions are used in 95% of cars, 90% of aircraft, 80% of orthopedic implants, and 75% of smartphones produced.
- MInes ecosystem addresses open pit and underground mines for drill and blast, exploration, material movement, planning solutions, and survey and monitoring solutions. Value creation is enabled through safer operations, higher yields and less waste, and minimum environmental impact. Hexagon protects 40% of mining sites worldwild.
The Bottom Line: Digital Reality Solutions Provide Sustainable and Resilient Approaches To The Physical World
At the conference, users came from a wide range of industries. However, despite the variety of use cases, their common goals were the digitization of their physical businesses and identifying opportunities for automation, efficiency, sustainability, and optimization. Given the push for digital transformation across all industries, the need for digital reality solutions have never been more in demand.
Have you explored Digital Reality solutions? Do you need to improve your capabilities in design, build, operate, maintain, and transfer?
Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org. Please let us know if you need help with your strategy efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Developing your AI, digital business, and experience strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales.
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy,stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website. * Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Constellation Research recommends that readers consult a stock professional for their investment guidance. Investors should understand the potential conflicts of interest analysts might face. Constellation does not underwrite or own the securities of the companies the analysts cover. Analysts themselves sometimes own stocks in the companies they cover—either directly or indirectly, such as through employee stock-purchase pools in which they and their colleagues participate. As a general matter, investors should not rely solely on an analyst’s recommendation when deciding whether to buy, hold, or sell a stock. Instead, they should also do their own research—such as reading the prospectus for new companies or for public companies, the quarterly and annual reports filed with the SEC—to confirm whether a particular investment is appropriate for them in light of their individual financial circumstances.
Copyright © 2001 – 2023 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Executive Network