About This Constellation ShortList™
Mastering digital performance management (DPM) is one of the leading challenges of the digital economy. Often referred to as application performance management (APM), it requires a joint effort between many functional departments, such as marketing, sales, customer service, ecommerce and IT. It is no longer just about IT looking at the performance of the technology stack or the management of the infrastructure or cloud that delivers customer experience.
Today, it’s about the collaboration between the lines of business and IT to measure and manage the end-to-end transaction delivery. It is critical for these technologies to translate the delivery into actionable information to optimize customer experience, as well as the performance of the technologies utilized. When DPM is optimized, companies can deliver an engaging digital experience, maximize revenue and improve brand loyalty.
DPM vendors help both the business and engineering teams to not only define conversion and revenue goals but also make sure they are reached. They ensure the application’s performance doesn't become a roadblock to optimal customer experiences and reaching business metrics, including conversion rates, high availability and high user experience indexes. The goal is to effectively monitor and measure, while eliminating all revenue barriers. These solutions ensure that the road to conversion is quick and easy, the customer experience is smooth, and customers remain loyal as a result.
This year’s focus is on machine learning and self-service reporting.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Monitoring of each customer’s journey and business transactions, using intelligent analytics
- Proactive application monitoring for quick problem resolution and maximum availability
- Full insights into each customer’s journey to make better business decisions
- Connect the dots between customer experience, application performance and business outcomes
- Full technology stack monitoring with deep operational insights into the user’s Application environment
- Big data monitoring and data visualization
- Mobile application monitoring
- Cloud, server and mainframe monitoring
- Load testing, virtualization and network monitoring
- Customer behavior analytics
- Machine learning
- Self-service reporting
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 25 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Akamai SOASTA
- New Relic
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.