About This Constellation ShortList™
The universe of applications and websites that people use to work and live continues to grow dramatically, creating challenges to adoption and usability. Learning how to efficiently use them all has become a top challenge, leading to low productivity and underperforming investments in technology. If barriers to usage are not overcome, worker satisfaction and customer loyalty can suffer, creating a negative reputation for the brand and producing subpar business results.=
To address these challenges, a growing category of software—digital adoption platforms (DAPs)—has emerged that helps guide people directly within the context of the work task or process they are performing. While these tools are sometimes viewed as merely on-screen guides, their strategic value lies in the information they also collect on user behavior and missed opportunities. The insights and actions that can be extracted from that data to help optimize how people work while increasing the usage, user engagement and the overall value of IT investments.
Leading vendors have developed a general-purpose framework for digital adoption, while others focus on specific use cases, such as human resources, help desk and product management. Both approaches are represented in this Constellation ShortList.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Prebuilt templates and integrations for popular business applications
- On-screen guidance should be contextual, not limited to linear progression of steps
- Personalization, offering each person his/her own custom experience
- Low complexity of development required to create the guides/workflows
- Dashboards/analytics to provide insights to administrators, helping them understand user behavior and reduce errors
- Support for desktop, web and mobile applications
- Seamless supports user scenarios that span multiple applications
- Use of artificial intelligence for rules engine to dynamically improve workflow conditions
- Professional services to help customers with implementation and best practices
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 15 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects and internal research.
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.