About This Constellation ShortList™
The portfolio of applications and websites people use to work with their colleagues and engage with customers continues to grow. Learning how to efficiently use them all has become a major challenge. If training hurdles are not overcome, employee satisfaction and customer loyalty can suffer, creating a negative reputation for the brand.
To solve these challenges, a new category of software— digital adoption platforms (DAPs)—has emerged that helps guide people right within the context of the work task or process they are performing. While it is easy to see these tools as just on-screen guides, their value lies in the information they also collect on user behavior and missed opportunities. The insights and actions that can be extracted from that data to help optimize how people work while increasing the usage, employee engagement and overall value of IT investments.
Some vendors have developed a general-purpose framework for digital adoption, while others focus on specific use cases, such as human resources, help desk and product management. Both approaches are represented in this Constellation ShortList.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Prebuilt templates and integrations for popular business applications
- Guidance should be contextual, not limited to linear progression of steps
- Personalization, offering each person his/her own custom experience
- Low complexity of development required to create the guides/workflows
- Dashboards/analytics to provide insights to administrators, helping them understand user behavior and reduce errors
- Use of artificial intelligence for rules engine to dynamically improve workflow conditions
- Professional services to help customers with implementation and best practices
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 15 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects and internal research.
- AppLearn ADOPT
- Inline Manual
- Iridize (by Oracle)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.