About This Constellation ShortList™
The portfolio of applications and websites people use to work with their colleagues and engage with customers is growing rapidly. Learning how to efficiently use them all can be a big challenge. If the hurdles are not overcome, employee satisfaction and customer loyalty can suffer, creating a bad reputation for the brand.
To solve these challenges, a new category of software is emerging that helps guide people from right within the context of the task or process they are performing. Constellation Research refers to this category as Digital Adoption Platforms (DAP). While it is easy to see these tools as just on-screen guides, the real value of them lies in the information they collect on user behavior and the insights and actions that can be extracted from that data to help optimize the way people get work done.
As this market begins to mature, fragmentation is occurring with some vendors developing a general-purpose framework, while others are focusing on specific use cases, such as human resources, support helpdesk or product management.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Pre-built templates and integrations for popular business applications
- Guidance should be contextual, not limited to linear progression of steps
- Personalization, offering each person his/her own custom experience
- Complexity of development required to create the guides/workflows
- Dashboards/analytics to provide insights to administrators, helping them understand user behavior and reduce errors
- Use of artificial intelligence for rules engine to dynamically improve workflow conditions
- Professional services to help customers with implementation and best practices
The Constellation ShortList
The Constellation ShortList evaluates over 15 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects, and internal research.
- Inline Manual
- Iridize (by Oracle)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.