About This Constellation ShortList™
Despite all of their challenges, meetings—both in person and online—remain one of the most important components of teamwork. They enable people to discuss ideas, make decisions and build relationships. Unfortunately, meetings are still so plagued with problems—both technological and cultural—that most employees dread the mere thought of attending.
Thankfully, dozens of software vendors now strive to solve the common issues with digital meetings, helping evolve them from fraught with difficulty to actually useful. The entire meeting life cycle is being enhanced, from purpose and preparation, to facilitation and execution, to follow- ups and next steps. Technologies such as artificial intelligence and augmented reality are being used to improve everything from finding the best time and location, to automating note-taking and task assignments, to using facial recognition for sentiment analysis and improving engagement.
This Constellation ShortList highlights a few of the vendors making big strides in this fast emerging and highly important market.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls
- Ease of setup, scheduling and meeting delivery
- Analytics/metrics/usage dashboards (personal-, team- and meeting-specific)
- Collaboration features: collaborative note-taking, chat, voice, video, annotations and commenting, real-time reactions, sharing to other tools
- Facilitation features: automated note-taking, audio transcription, keyword flagging, sentiment analysis and people/object recognition in videos, surveys
- Follow-up features: assignment tracking, automated summaries, recommended next steps, future meeting scheduling
- Integration with business applications: calendar, enterprise project/task management, corporate goal tracking, web conferencing and customer relationship management
- Preparation features: agenda/goal setting, participant profiles and selection, background material preparation, facility/equipment booking
- Search and discovery capabilities
- Security: access roles, administration roles, encryption
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 30 solutions in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Fireflies (Fireflies.ai)
- Lucid Meetings
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion, vendor selection and contract negotiation.