About This Constellation ShortList
Despite all their challenges, meetings - both in person and online - remain one of the most important components of teamwork. They enable people to discuss ideas, make decisions, and build relationships. Unfortunately, meetings are still so plagued with problems - both technological and cultural - that most employees dread the mere thought of attending.
Thankfully, dozens of software vendors are beginning to solve the common issues with meetings, helping evolve them from hated to helpful. The entire meeting lifecycle is being enhanced, from purpose and preparation, to facilitation and execution, to follow-ups and next steps. Technologies such as artificial intelligence and augmented reality are being used to improve everything from finding the best time and location, to automating note taking and task assignments, to using facial recognition for sentiment analysis and improving engagement.
This Constellation ShortList highlights a few of the vendors making big strides in this nascent yet highly important market.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls
- Analytics/metrics/usage dashboards (personal, team and meeting-specific)
- Collaboration features: collaborative note taking, annotations and commenting, real-time reactions, sharing to other tools
- Facilitation features: automated note taking, audio transcription, keyword flagging, sentiment analysis, and people/object recognition in videos
- Follow-up features: assignment tracking, automated summaries, recommended next steps, future meeting scheduling
- Integration with business applications: calendar, enterprise project/task management, corporate goal tracking, web conferencing, and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Preparation features: agenda/goal setting, participant profiles and selection, background material preparation, facility/equipment booking
- Search capabilities
- Security: access roles, administration roles, encryption
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions in this market. This Constellation ShortList determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects and internal research.
- Lucid Meetings
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.