About This Constellation ShortList
For decades, the trifecta of email, calendar and contacts has been at the core of the employee productivity toolset. The rise of social networking has reduced business reliance on email and changed the way we connect with colleagues and customers. Unfortunately, meetings, an essential element of the business world, have seen little improvement.
While web conferencing has enhanced our ability to meet with people without having to be face-to-face, most employees still struggle with the tasks around preparing for, facilitating and managing follow-up assignments from meetings. The value of meetings can be greatly improved when people are prepared for the topic, the content and conversations are tracked and accessible, and accountability is assigned for achieving outcomes. Meeting enhancement tools can augment the entire lifecycle of a meeting, vastly improving their value to the participants and the company.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls (e.g., user and group management, directory sync)
- Analytics / metrics / usage dashboards – personal, team and meeting-specific
- Collaboration features, such as collaborative note taking, commenting, real-time reactions, sharing to other tools
- Data residency and datacenter security
- Integration with business applications, such as enterprise project/task management, corporate goal tracking, web conferencing, and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Meeting preparation features (e.g., agenda/goal setting, participant profiles, background materials)
- Meeting facilitation features, such as automated note taking, audio transcription, keyword flagging, sentiment analysis, and people/object recognition in video. Also, how much is manual versus the use of artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Meeting follow-up features (e.g., assignment tracking, automated summaries, recommended next steps, future meeting scheduling)
- Search capabilities
- Security (e.g., access roles, administration roles, encryption)
- Which enterprise calendar and scheduling systems and teleconferencing systems are supported
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions in this market. This Constellation ShortList determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects and internal research.
- Cisco Spark Meeting Notes (formerly Worklife)
- Lucid Meetings
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.