About This Constellation ShortList™
With the rise of “transparent work” or “social business,” today’s employees face new challenges keeping up with the growing engagement with the increased numbers of colleagues and customers. This open style of working increases the quantity of content people create and consume, websites and applications they use, and processes and projects in which they are involved.
Work Coordination Platforms (formerly referred to as Social Task Management) help alleviate these challenges by bringing structure, prioritization and accountability to work, helping employees optimize their productivity and effectiveness. These platforms enable people to be more aware of what they should be getting done, help them prioritize and organize their work, and allow them to more effectively do their jobs.
The cornerstone to Work Coordination Platforms importance is that they are at the heart of the real work that is getting done. They are not a place to just have conversations but instead organize and execute the projects and business processes that are key to a company's success.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Administrative controls
- Analytics/metrics at the individual, team and project levels
- Application Development: APIs/SDKs, documentation, samples, training
- Automation/workflow (process definition, dependencies)
- Business operations (funding, acquisitions, executive leadership)
- Business partner ecosystem
- Client access options: desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, wearables
- Collaborative features
- Customer references
- Deployment options
- Licensing options: freemium, premium
- Integration with other business tools/platforms
- Displaying options: Streams, Kanban columns (card view) and Gantt charts
- Templated solutions/use cases
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Microsoft Planner
- Trello by Atlassian
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.