About This Constellation ShortList™
As CMOs are increasingly held accountable to deliver and show revenue results, the need for robust data analytics capabilities has grown in importance. Although there is no shortage of business intelligence and analytics solutions, marketers have specific needs to synthesize data from a multitude of internal and external channels for budgeting, spend optimization, campaign performance measurement, and ultimately have the ability to attribute spend to sales pipeline and revenue.
Marketing Analytics solutions facilitate the management and measurement of marketing performance, optimize future spend, and deepen audience understanding and engagement. Several solutions include embedded Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities help surface intelligent insights for marketers to make better decisions. This list includes solutions that are powerful for marketing data scientists, yet simple for non-technical marketers to operate.
Tableau’s recently announced agreement to be acquired by Salesforce earns it a place on this list. Although arguably more predominant among finance organizations than marketing departments, Tableau’s highly configurable dashboards will likely become more closely integrated into marketing operations for many organizations as a result.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Ease of use and setup for non-technical users (Marketers)
- Ability to ingest and report on cross-channel marketing and advertising data
- Robust marketing attribution capabilities
- Visualization from dashboard to campaign details with minimal clicks
- Integration with sales force automation, marketing automation, advertising platforms, and other marketing data sources for consolidated campaign visibility
- Extensibility through ecosystem of third-party integration apps
- Facilitate data collaboration with other marketers
- Role-based access and security
- Product vision and roadmap
- Post-sale support and community
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates nearly 30 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Adobe Analytics
- Bizible by Marketo, an Adobe Company
- Datorama, A Salesforce Company
- Microsoft Power BI
- SAS Customer Intelligence
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.