About This Constellation ShortList™
Today’s world of digital commerce is all about highly visual, rapidly available, personalized experiences that capture attention and pull customers into an immediate vision of how a specific product can fit into their lives. From innovations in showrooming to fully immersive worlds where environments can be instantly transformed and then purchased have become expected by consumers. And now, GenerativeAI tools are generating ready to use branded assets at a speed and scale once thought impossible.
Digital asset management (DAM) enables brands to manage, deliver, analyze, and renew all forms of digital content across all possible channels. Unlike mass asset storage systems, DAM solutions manage content and context to drive customer experience and commerce. These tools offer the opportunity for the front line of experience delivery—from marketing to service and sales—to access and customize assets to not just meet the display channel, but also meet the expectations for relevant engagement by the customer.
This category covers the vendors who can scale and optimize DAM for high-volume commerce. Tools must scale to accommodate storage while delivering innovations around AI/ML tools for smart tagging, asset editing, localization, and globalization.
The category is rapidly evolving, driven in part by the introduction of advanced generativeAI tools, but also from the natural evolution of the category as more content management and digital experience solutions begin to natively embed a robust DAM offering to their content platforms. Constellation expects to see more consolidated and native offerings emerge as the DAM, Content and PIM space continue to evolve.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Asset aggregation, storage, and management for files including images, videos, documents, and emerging formats including 3D
- Workflows, cross-team collaboration, and approval facilitation and documentation
- Metadata and tag management powered by smart tools and AI
- Taxonomy and automated ontologies
- Asset editing and simple creative modification including color sampling, tone correction, and cropping
- Ease-of-user access across web and mobile channels
- Rights management including image, model, and product rights management
- Search, including natural language processing (NLP) search tools
- Capacity for globalization and localization
- Analytics and reporting on asset performance and utilization
- Rule-based and role-based access and utilization controls
- Custom microsites for partner and collaborator access to assets
- Flexible and scalable storage costs and pricing
- Smart renditions including resizing, cropping, and automated asset creation based on size, dimension, and application rules
- Integrations to key commerce solutions including product information management (PIM), content management systems (CMS), and commerce engines as well as digital and instore media displays
- High-scale transaction volumes
- Enterprise-scale security
- Application of ML or AI for automated asset recognition, product taxonomy, categorization, tagging, application, and personalization
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 65 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortListis determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Adobe Experience Manager Assets
- Acquia DAM
- Aprimo Digital Asset Management
- Brandfolder by Smartsheet
- Hyland Nuxeo
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.