About This Constellation ShortList™
With the rise of pervasive digital communications and mass collaboration services such as team chat apps and enterprise social networks, today’s employees face new challenges keeping up effective engagement with an increasing number of colleagues and customers. This more open and ever more commonplace style of working increases the quantity of content that people create and consume, websites and applications they use, and processes and projects in which they are involved.
Work Coordination Platforms aim to help alleviate these challenges by bringing structure, prioritization and accountability to work by helping employees better organize and optimize their productivity and effectiveness. These platforms enable people to be more aware of what they should be getting done, help them prioritize and organize their work, and allow them to more effectively do their jobs.
The cornerstone to the significance and value of Work Coordination Platform is that they are at the heart of the real work that is getting done. They are not a place to just have conversations but instead manage and execute the projects and business processes that are key to a company's success, further boosting the value of less structured collaboration tools that they often build upon.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Administrative controls
- Analytics/metrics at the individual, team and
- Application Development: APIs/SDKs, documentation, samples, training
- Automation/workflow (process definition and management, dependencies)
- Business operations (funding, acquisitions, executive leadership)
- Business partner ecosystem
- Client access options: desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, wearables
- Collaborative features
- Customer references
- Deployment options
- Ease of adoption and usage, especially for
- Licensing options: freemium, premium
- Integration with other business tools/platforms
- Displaying options: Streams, Kanban columns (card view) and Gantt charts
- Search and discovery
- Templated solutions/use cases
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Microsoft Planner
- Trello by Atlassian
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.