About This Constellation ShortList™
The explosive growth of enterprise collaboration software has created a new set of demands on employees’ time and attention. As people interact more openly with their colleagues and customers, the challenge of staying organized and knowing what needs attention increases. A new type of tool is needed - one that combines the task features of project management software with the collaborative features found in social networks.
Work Coordination Platforms enable people to be more aware of what they should be getting done, help them prioritize and organize their work, and allow them to more effectively do their jobs.
These applications bring together the people, content and tasks associated with not only projects but also the business workflows in which employees routinely participate. From developing a product, to launching a new marketing campaign, to onboarding a new hire, Work Coordination Platforms provide a seamless experience for getting work done.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Administrative controls
- Analytics/metrics at the individual, team and project levels
- Application Development: APIs/SDKs, documentation, samples, training
- Automation/workflow (process definition, dependencies)
- Business operations (funding, acquisitions, executive leadership)
- Business partner ecosystem
- Client access options: desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, wearables
- Collaborative features
- Customer references
- Deployment options
- Licensing options: freemium, premium
- Integration with other business tools/platforms
- Displaying options: Streams, Kanban columns (card view) and Gantt charts
- Templated solutions/use cases
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Microsoft Planner
- Trello by Atlassian
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.