About this Constellation ShortList™
Small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) face compliance challenges every day. Often, they have limited finance and HR teams who struggle keeping up with a dynamically growing enterprise. It’s important for these organizations to have a reliable partner to process payroll.
To be a player for the SMB payroll space (1000 to 3000 payees), vendors need to provide capabilities for payees to understand and manage their paychecks. They also need to enable payroll managers to efficiently monitor and manage the payroll cycle and take advantage of the cloud as a deployment form.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Focus and dedicated sales teams for the SMB market
- Mobile app for employees
- Efficient payroll tools for pre- and post-processing
- “Always on” payroll capability generally available or at least in beta
- Cash advance, direct pay functionality
- Regular compliance updates in software and communications
- Explanation tools for employees on paycheck questions
- Forays into “financial wellbeing” for payees
- More than 500 customers and over 1M users in the 1000-3000 EE SMB segment
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Ceridian Dayforce
- Kronos Workforce Ready
- Ultimate Software
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com