About This Constellation ShortList™
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a key enabler for next-generation applications that inherently have a non-determined need for computing resources. IaaS vendors with their elastic offerings of compute, storage and networking offer practically the only generally viable deployment choice for next-generation applications.
Even in geographies that are traditionally reluctant or slow to adopt IaaS, certain next-generation application scenarios - e.g., Orchestrate Things aka Internet of Things (IoT) - only see IaaS platforms as a viable implementation choice.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Available on six continents
- Over 25 data center locations and at least adding one new location per quarter
- At least seven machine/instance sizes
- Ability to run machine learning algorithms on the platform
- Ability to run Hadoop/HDFS-based applications
- Availability of at least one common/mainstream transactional database
- Redundancy/high availability concepts beyond a single data center location
- Strong partnerships with established software vendors
- Strong partnerships with key Open Source initiatives
- Strong partnerships with system integrators
- Widely accepted security and privacy certifications
- Ability to run dedicated/secure government loads
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 60 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Alibaba Cloud
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Microsoft Cloud/Azure
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.