About this Constellation ShortList™
A global human capital management (HCM) suite is a collection of key HCM functionality covered by a single vendor across multiple countries. Regarding functionality, Constellation looks for strong HR core and payroll capabilities as the main areas of functional necessi- ty, but vendors equally must have some talent management, work- force management and benefits functionalities. As for geographical focus, vendors must operate in at least three continents and cover two-thirds of the world’s GDP.
To ensure vendors are compliant with legal and statutory require- ments, they need to have employees in countries in which they op- erate with the dedicated purpose of monitoring legislation and best practices. Partnerships for this purpose are acceptable and included but don’t score as strong as native/in-house expert access.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- HR core
- Most of talent management (3 out of the 5: Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management, Succession Management and Learning)
- Some workforce management (needs to support payroll at a minimum)
- Some benefits management (in this area, partnerships are the acceptable)
- Support for more than four continents
- 825+ customers with at least 7+ countries live and 75+ supported in each major product area (HR core, payroll, talent management and work- force management)
- Cover at least two-thirds of the world’s GDP via country-based localizations
- 18+ languages supported in system
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 20 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortListis determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- WORKDAY (including capabilities through partnership with ADP for payroll)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.