About this Constellation ShortList™
A global human capital management (HCM) suite is a collection of key HCM functionality covered by a single vendor across multiple countries. Regarding functionality, Constellation looks for strong HR core and payroll capabilities as the main areas of functional necessity, but vendors equally must have some talent management, workforce management and benefits functionalities. As for geographical focus, vendors must operate in at least three continents and cover two-thirds of the world’s GDP.
To ensure vendors are compliant with legal and statutory requirements, they need to have employees in countries in which they operate with the dedicated purpose of monitoring legislation and best practices. Partnerships for this purpose are acceptable and included but don’t score as strong as native/in-house expert access.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- HR core
- Most of talent management (3 out of the 5: Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management, Succession Management and Learning)
- Some workforce management (needs to support payroll at a minimum)
- Some benefits management (in this area, partnerships are the acceptable)
- Support for more than four continents
- 750+ customers with at least 5+ countries live and 50+ supported in each major product area (HR core, payroll, talent management and workforce management)
- Cover at least two-thirds of the world’s GDP via country-based localizations
- 15+ languages supported in system
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 30 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortListis determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Workday (including capabilities through partnership with ADP for payroll)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.