About this Constellation ShortList™
A global human capital management (HCM) suite is a collection of key HCM functionality covered by a single vendor across multiple countries. Regarding functionality, Constellation looks for strong HR core and payroll capabilities as the main areas of functional necessity, but vendors equally must have some talent management, workforce management and benefits functionalities. As for geographical focus, vendors must operate in at least three continents and cover two-thirds of the world’s GDP.
To ensure vendors are compliant with legal and statutory requirements, they need to have employees in countries in which they operate with the dedicated purpose of monitoring legislation and best practices. Partnerships for this purpose are acceptable and included but don’t score as strong as native/in-house expert access.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- HR core
- Some talent management
- Some workforce management (needs to support payroll at a minimum)
- Some benefits management (in this area, partnerships are the most acceptable)
- Support for more than three continents
- 500+ customers with at least 5+ countries live and 10+ supported in product
- Cover at least two-thirds of the world’s GDP
- 10+ languages supported in system
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 30 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Workday (including capabilities through partnership with ADP for payroll)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.