About This Constellation ShortList™
The place where employees carry out their work online, often referred to as digital workspaces, represent an evolution that’s gone from simple company portals—which provide access to productivity tools, human resources, financial information—to a central hub for the essential aspects of employee engagement. Digital workspaces enable people to connect with the colleagues, content and business applications they need in order to get their jobs done.
To create a unified experience, digital workspaces today must integrate with a wide variety of business software, including communication and collaboration tools, as well as line-of-business applications for sales, marketing, customer support and more. Digital workspaces may also bring together content management, web conferencing and enterprise group messaging into a seamless user experience. They provide personalized content for each employee, taking facets such as job role and location into account to deliver a tailored, in-context experience. Overarching concerns such as search, governance, compliance and data residency are also critical for enterprise deployment. Today, features that better enable remote work and hybrid work are also important.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administration and community management features
- Off-the-shelf business software integrations (line-of-business apps)
- Customization options (branding and layout)
- Data center locations (logic and data residency)
- Deployment options (on-premises, cloud, hybrid)
- Directory integration (people and groups)
- Ecosystem (how robust is partner and ISV support?)
- Extensibility and integrations (third-party apps, APIs and SDKs)
- Feature set (communities, file sharing, content management, task management)
- Governance and compliance options
- Mobile options
- Personalization features (manual or algorithmic, AI)
- Platform support (i.e., does it require SharePoint, Salesforce?)
- Reporting tools and analytics
- Search and discovery
- Support for hybrid work, remote work, and work from anywhere
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 75 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- DROPBOX SPACES
- HCL CONNECTIONS
- IGLOO SOFTWARE
- MICROSOFT TEAMS
- SAP JAM COLLABORATION
- WORKPLACE FROM META
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.