About This Constellation ShortList™
Corporate intranets, often referred to today as Digital Workspaces, represent the evolution from simple company portals, which provide access to human resources and financial information, to a central hub for the essential aspects of employee engagement. Digital Workspaces enable people to connect with the colleagues, content and business applications they need in order to get their jobs done.
To create a unified experience, Digital Workspaces must integrate with a wide variety of business software, including communication and collaboration tools, as well as line-of-business applications for sales, marketing, customer support and more. Digital Workspaces may also bring together content management, web conferencing and enterprise group messaging into a seamless user experience. They should provide personalized content for each employee, taking facets like job role and location into account to deliver a tailored, in-context experience. Finally, areas like search, governance, compliance and data residency are critical for enterprise deployment.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Administration and community management features
- Business Software integrations (LOB apps)
- Customization options (branding and layout)
- Datacenter locations (logic and data residency)
- Deployment options (on-premises, cloud, hybrid)
- Directory integration (people and groups)
- Ecosystem (how robust is partner and ISV support)
- Extensibility and integrations (third-party apps, APIs and SDKs)
- Feature set (communities, file sharing, content management, task management)
- Governance and compliance options
- Licensing / pricing
- Mobile options
- Personalization features (manual or algorithmic, AI)
- Platform support (i.e., does it require SharePoint, Salesforce)
- Reporting tools and analytics
- Search and discovery
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 75 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- AppFusions AlohaDXP
- Igloo Software
- Microsoft SharePoint
- SAP Jam Collaboration
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.