About This Constellation ShortList™
For organizations with data science teams, these cloud kingpins offer all the tools, notebooks, diverse data science libraries, and collaborative monitoring tools they’ll need to build, deploy, and manage custom machine learning (ML) models. What’s more, these platforms are steadily introducing automated capabilities that enable data-savvy team members to build and deploy ML models without coding or deep data science expertise. This ShortList has been revised and renamed to focus more tightly on cloud- based machine learning platforms for building, deploying, and managing models though both traditional and automated methods. The list no longer encompasses deep learning/cognitive services or bot-building capabilities, which are typically separate buying decisions.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Extensive tooling, notebooks, data science library options, and monitoring and management features geared to help data scientists build, deploy, and maintain models
- Low-code/no-code and automation options that enable data-savvy users to build models without coding or deep data science expertise
- Collaborative capabilities supporting model development, deployment, and ongoing performance monitoring
- Global presence, massive compute/storage/network capacity and the ability to satisfy country-specific data- residency requirements
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than a dozen solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Amazon SageMaker
- Google Cloud Vertex AI
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.