This market overview provides a starting point to SAP customers seeking optimization solutions. The document delivers actionable advice and insights into a proven collection of software solutions. As part of the full series, best practices documents will follow with in- depth case studies and a critical product evaluation of this growing market of SAP optimization solutions.
SAP customers face significant challenges in meeting business requirements with their existing investments. Many have experienced the SAP journey over the past 15 years and weathered through the architectural shifts. As SAP customers choose their go- forward apps strategy, four paths emerge: 1.) stay with status quo; 2.) move to shiny new SAP.; 3.) stabilize SAP and augment; and 4.) modernize SAP and surround with best-of-breed.
Consequently, an $80.1 billion third-party SAP ecosystem has emerged to address nine areas:
- Application extension and usability - Adobe, ERP-Link, Informatica, Revelation Software Concepts, Synactive, Tibco, Winshuttle
- Application life-cycle management - CA/Hyperformix, Hayes Technology Group, HiLn Solutions, IBM Infosphere Optim, Informatica, Intellicorp, Panaya, Revelation Software Concepts, TIBCO Hawk, Tidal Software, West Trax
- Office productivity integration – Alloy, Duet, Winshuttle
- Integration – Informatica, Information Builders iWay, SEEBURGER, TIBCO
- Database optimization – Microsoft SQL Server for SAP, IBM DB2 For SAP, TIBCO ActiveSpaces Data Grid
- Archiving, storage, and data management - EMC, IBM, Informatica
- Virtualization - EMC, Informatica, VMware,
- Third-party maintenance - Rimini Street
- License management and optimization - Flexera Software, Susen Software, Used Soft