About this Constellation ShortList™
Enterprises look for ways to run their next-generation applications across public clouds and on-premises in their data center(s). To achieve this flexibility, CxOs need a high degree of Identicality between the cloud and on-premises- based technology stacks.
This Constellation ShortList evaluates the Next-Generation Computing Platforms available and includes the leading offerings that meet the requirements of today’s CxOs. They need these platforms to offer workload portability and a single plane of glass to manage environments and workloads of their next-generation applications (for more, see here). These platforms also provide advanced services to help manage, maintain and operate these complex technology stacks. Innovation speed and elastic commercial terms are also required to keep these vendors competitive in the Infinite Computing era (for more, see here).
For more information, please review the Market Overview report: “Next-Gen Computing: The Enterprise Computing Model for the 2020s.”
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Technology stack capabilities deployed on premises, offline
- A public IaaS – either directly owned or through partners where the same set of capabilities (or more) are running
- Sufficient capabilities to operate at least three of the seven next-generation application use cases
- Coverage in at least five continents from an availability perspective
- At least 600+ customers
- Access to at least 1200 service professionals (direct or partners)
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- AWS Outposts
- Google Cloud with on-prem and Anthos
- IBM Cloud with Red Hat / OpenShift
- Microsoft Azure with Azure Stack and Azure Arc
- Oracle Cloud and Oracle Cloud at Customer
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.