About This Constellation ShortList™
About Matrix Commerce
Matrix CommerceTM analyzes the disruptive pressures that influence the commerce paradigm. Commerce faces rapidly changing business models and new payment options that are often misunderstood and poorly integrated.
Matrix Commerce means the fusing of demand signals and supply chains in an increasingly complex world of buyers seeking frictionless buying experiences. Friction in this new world originates from new regulatory requirements, such as sustainability, taxation and privacy.
As the world revolves around the buyer, channels, demand signals, supply chains, payment options, enablers and big data will converge to create what Constellation coined in 2011 as Matrix Commerce. Matrix Commerce spans across disciplines as people, process and technologies continue to transform today’s commerce models. The goal is to deliver campaign to commerce with a customer-centric point of view.
About Order Management
Order management for Matrix Commerce solutions enables organizations to execute buyer-centric retail and wholesale orders. Features of this type of solution include order capture, order fulfillment, order completion, and billing and collections.
Constellation considers the following key criteria for these solutions:
- Ubiquitous channel delivery
- Multiple stakeholder access
- Select the right product or service
- Determine the correct quantity and configuration
- Meet acceptable levels of quality
- Pricing controls
- Supply from the agreed-upon sources
- Delivered to or installed with the right customer
- Meet an agreed-upon period of time
- Accurate fulfillment
- Use the most appropriate packaging
- Include the right documentation
- Complete with the right frequency
- Handle returns via any channel
- Address warranty claims
- Include regularly scheduled repairs
- Meet agreed-upon service contracts
- Support distributed order orchestration
- Apply ML and AI for automation
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Blue Ridge
- Manhattan Associates
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Oracle NetSuite
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Tecsys OrderDynamics
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.