About this Constellation ShortList™
The next few years will be exciting and innovative for health IT. As organizations embark on a journey to transform into digital enterprises, IT infrastructure will be one of the foundational areas of focus.
The journey toward a digital enterprise will force CxOs to reevaluate their technical security portfolios to ensure that the organization has a comprehensive solution. Recent statistics indicate the black-market value of healthcare records are 25 times more valuable than credit card information.
Healthcare entities have a call to action to expedite the implementation of the technical security foundation so that they can provide the agility to deliver care that meets patient and workforce expectations. This list focuses on solutions with a multilayered security approach that monitors web applications, endpoint devices, emails and the network (wired and wireless).
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Compliance with regulations such as the HIPAA Security Rule, PCI, Joint Commission and state privacy regulations
- Data loss protection to monitor the movement of protected health information in the enterprise
- Advanced threat protection capabilities
- Incident detection with workflow automation tool
- Management dashboard and reporting features
- Alert automation with the ability to identify false positives
- Security policy engine ruleset tailored for the healthcare industry
- Single view of security vulnerabilities across the network, endpoints, email and cloud
- Automated response to easily remediate a potential security attack
- Ease of integration with other security tools
- Product ease of use and deployment
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than a dozen solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Digital Guardian
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.