About This Constellation ShortList™
Cloud-based business intelligence (BI) and analytics platforms do more than just ease the burden of deploying and administering infrastructure and software. Cloud BI and analytics can help companies gain deep, contextual insights from combinations of internal and external data. Constellation Research believes that by 2020, 60 percent of mission-critical data will be accessed rather than owned by enterprises, with external sources including SaaS apps, social networks, third-party enrichment data and partner information accessed as cloud-based sources.
Cloud-based BI and analytics systems are services-enabled hubs for developing and delivering rich insights where needed, whether that’s in the cloud or on premises. What’s more, reports, dashboards, KPIs, alerts, and recommendations may need to be embedded into external applications. The user can’t be assumed to be an internal employee who can be trained, so intuitive visualizations and interfaces are a must.
The list of vendors in this Constellation ShortList remains unchanged since the Q3 2018 update.
Constellation considers the following criteria for cloud-based business intelligence:
- Delivery of a public-cloud native or multi-cloud business intelligence and analytics platform with hybrid data-access capabilities
- Data-management capabilities including data integration and self-service data preparation
- Breadth of analysis tools, including dashboarding, data visualization and basic forecasting and predictive capabilities
- Mobile reporting, visualization, analysis
- Support for services-based delivery of insights into internal and external applications
- Rich collaboration features for authors, analystsand consumers
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 25 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Birst (an Infor company)
- Microsoft Power BI
- Oracle Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.