Constellation Research has identified a series of political, economic, societal, technological, environmental, and legislative trends that will impact your business and your career. At a high level, the noted advisory services firm has identified the following trends:
- Political issues point to a lack of digital proficiency in the political class,
- Economic trends continue to favor innovation over incremental improvement,
- Societal shifts show the impact technological innovation is having on everyone's lives,
- Technological trends continue to fuel innovation and disruption,
- Environmental factors limit the long-term possibilities,
- Legislative reform lags behind technology and loses relevancy as a result.
Here we examine the trend in economics.
Buyers Seek Experiences and Outcomes
In an era when companies can make knockoffs from
the runways of Milan and deliver them to a competitor in seven days, today's market
differentiation no longer comes from speed of execution or product
innovation. Product companies seek margin on services. Service companies drive
loyalty and share of wallet by improving experience. Experience companies align
brand with peace-of-mind outcomes. The business models no longer revolve around
pure products but are tailored to customer outcomes. Disruption begins with defining
a brand experience and outcome and executing on it.
On February 27th Constellation Research will be holding a free webinar titled Six Trends Influencing Digital Business Disruption in 2014 to discuss this point and more. The Webinar will be held from 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM PST