Dell Technologies updated its Dell APEX multicloud platform with Microsoft and Red Hat offerings, storage and data mobility services and compute and PC-as-a-service updates. Dell Technologies said it will connect its on-premises object storage with Databricks' Lakehouse Platform.
The APEX updates, announced at Dell Technologies World in Las Vegas, came as Chairman and CEO Michael Dell and co-chief operating officer Chuck Whitten walked through the company's portfolio, innovation and customers including the likes of Hyundai.
"Technology is at the center of all the significant opportunities in every domain," said Michael Dell, who noted the company ships 2 units per second and 179,000 orders per day through its supply chain.
Dell also talked about artificial intelligence's leap and how data and infrastructure will drive generative AI advances. "We are going to need new architectures with higher speeds and efficiency," said Dell. He said AI models will be deployed at the edge that are proprietary as well as open source.
"We hear your loud and clear about your future with generative AI," said Dell.
Whitten said customers are trying to solve for the future of work, multicloud deployments, scaling edge infrastructure, generative AI and security.
Here's the rundown of Dell Technologies World announcements:
- Dell APEX Cloud Platform for Microsoft Azure connects Microsoft's native management tools, Azure Arc infrastructure and governance across Dell on-premises infrastructure and Azure.
- Dell APEX Cloud Platform for Red Hat OpenShift aims to simplify container application development with Kubernetes. Customers will be able to run containers and virtual machines with unified experience and support for various CPUs, workloads and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Dell APEX Cloud Platform for VMware will enable the ability to deploy vSphere on an integrated system with Dell software-defined storage. The offering also connects with Dell APEX Private Cloud and Dell APEX Hybrid Cloud.
- Dell APEX Storage for Public Cloud will connect with AWS, Azure and Dell APEX File Storage for AWS. Customers will be able to tune cloud strategies across multiple cloud and on-premises storage environments.
- Dell APEX Protection Storage for Public Cloud combines data protection storage for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud.
- Dell APEX Navigator for Multicloud Storage is SaaS that simplifies and secures management of Dell APEX Block and File Storage. It combines with Dell APEX Navigator for Kubernetes, a service that provides storage management, data replication, mobility and observability.
- Dell APEX Compute delivers bare metal compute in data centers, edge environments or colocation facilities.
- Dell APEX PC-as-a-Service (PCaaS) aims to deploy PCCs with predictable costs. The service covers the entire Dell portfolio.
As for the Databricks partnership, the companies said Dell's enterprise storage platforms will connect to Databricks Lakehouse Platform. Dell can connect Databricks in the public cloud with Dell object storage in multiple environments.