- Healthcare ERP
- Healthcare Clinical Communication
- Population Health Management
- Healthcare IT security including medical devices
- Healthcare virtual care platforms
- Healthcare Enterprise Systems
- Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO - Chief Information Officer & Chief Digital Officer
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS - Chief Information Officer
- Michigan State University Health Team, Lansing, MI – Healthcare Advisor
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Senior Director, IT Operations
- AHMC Healthcare, Alhambra, CA – Corporate CIO
- Prime Healthcare, Chino, CA – Director IT
- Elected to College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) Board of Trustee Member
- CHIME Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO)
- 2013 Health Data Magazine “Health IT Youngblood” award
- 2013 Top 250 Innovative User of Corporate Technology
- Most Wired Hospital Award (University of Mississippi Medical Center and Children’s Mercy Hospital)
- 100 Hospital and Health System CIOs To Know (2015) – Becker’s Healthcare
- 50 healthcare leaders under 40 recognition (2016) – Becker’s Healthcare
- 33 Health IT up-and-comers in the health IT (2016) – Becker’s Healthcare
- Top 150 Business Transformation Leader (2017) – Constellation Research
- SuperNova Award for IT Security and Privacy (2017) – Constellation Research
- Chief Security Officer Top 50 Award winner (2018)
About David Chou
David Chou is vice president and principal analyst at Constellation Research, covering the intersection of the healthcare systems’ stringent processes and regulations and the transformational power of technology. With nearly 20 years of experience as a senior IT executive across various health systems, David brings a CIO’s practicality to his advisory practice on emerging technologies and disruptive innovation. He offers guidance to healthcare institutions and practitioners navigating digital mega trends and how to strategically apply them to hospital operations to maximize their technology investments.
David’s expertise is helping a health system transition toward becoming a digital enterprise in the healthcare setting. He has worked on building a digital hospital from the ground up to turning around financially distressed health systems to profitability with the use of technology.
David Chou is a digital healthcare industry leader who has held executive roles with the Cleveland Clinic, Children's Mercy Hospital, University of Mississippi Medical Center, AHMC Healthcare, Prime Healthcare, and has advised many academic medical centers and healthcare startups.
His work has been recognized by several publications, and he has been quoted by major media and trade publications. Chou is also one of the most mentioned CIOs in the media and is an active member of CHIME, ACHE and HIMSS.
Education & Recognition
The New Digital Enterprise for Healthcare
Transforming a traditional healthcare institution into a digital enterprise
Who Leads Innovation?
Positioning the CxO on building a playbook to lead innovation
You Just Made an Enterprise Purchase; Now What?
Strategically guiding the CxO community from procurement to the “gotchas” of their enterprise system