About this Constellation ShortList™
Quantum computing describes an approach to computing using quantum mechanical phenomena such as entanglement and superposition. The goal is to apply a probabilistic model to solve problems more quickly.
While these are the early days of quantum technology, the pace of advancements has increased. With quantum superiority likely happening in the next 12-18 months for selected use cases such as annealing, adiabatic optimization, cryptography, machine learning, search, and simulation in the next 12-18 months, CxOs need to pay attention to the technology, platforms and players.
Enterprises are looking for holistic solutions beyond hardware, so vendors included in this list also offer related products and services that accelerate enterprise adoption. These can be in the areas of platform services, programming languages, administration services, early adjacent products, and more.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- A working quantum machine
- Available now or actively work on the next quantum platform
- Working on quantum superiority use cases
- At least two adjacent products, software, services or other offerings next to hardware
- Active work on 2-4 enterprise use cases
- At least 10 or more active customer/prospect conversations and/or beta/live customers
- Sufficient funding to remain a player at least in the early rounds of the quantum computing market
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- D-Wave Systems
- IBM Q
- Rigetti Computing
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com