Recognizing leaders in disruptive technology
The Constellation SuperNova Awards are the first and only awards to celebrate the leaders and teams who have overcome the odds to successfully apply emerging and disruptive technologies for their organizations. We at Constellation know advancing the adoption of disruptive technology is not easy. Disruptive technology adoption often faces resistance from supporters of the status quo, myopia, and financial constraint. We believe actors fighting these forces to champion disruptive technology within their organizations help, not only their organizations, but society as a whole to realize the potential of new and emerging technologies.
This annual search for innovators includes an all star judging panel, substantial prizes, invite-only admission and speaking opportunities at Constellation's premier innovation summit - Connected Enterprise.
Apply - Deadline Aug 20, 2017
The SuperNova Awards application is closed for 2017. Please check back in March 2018 for more information about next year's awards.
August 4, 2017 August 20, 2017 last day for submissions.
- September 12, 2017 finalists announced and invited to Connected Enterprise.
- September 18, 2017 voting opens to the public
- October 2, 2017 polls close
- October 26, 2017 Winners announced, SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner at Connected Enterprise
- One ticket to Constellation's Connected Enterprise 2017
- Three month subscription to Constellation's research library
- Three month membership in Constellation Executive Network, including three month access to Constellation Insights
Technology thought leaders, analysts, and journalists selected for their futurist mindset and ability to separate substance from hype. The SuperNova Award Judges carefully evaluate each SuperNova Award application against a rigorous set of criteria. Judges will identify individuals who demonstrate true leadership in the application and adoption of new and emerging technologies. Want to catch a judge's eye? Judges look for projects whose elements can be replicated in other enterprises.
View 2017 SuperNova Award Judges
• AI and Augmented Humanity - Machines that possess the intelligence and learning capabilities of humans. This category addresses the business outcomes and preparations being made for a future in which software can improve itself.
• Data to Decisions - Employing data to make informed business decisions. (big data, predictive analytics)
• Digital Marketing Transformation and Sales Effectiveness - Data-driven digital marketing and revenue generation (configure price quote, mobile marketing, account based marketing, sales by design)
• Digital Safety and Privacy - Enabling customers dictate how personal information is used, strategies to secure sensitive data (blockchain, distributed ledger technology, digital identity, authentication)
• Future of Work: Social Business - The technologies enabling teams to work together efficiently. (enterprise social networks, collaboration, digital assistants)
• Future of Work: Human Capital Management - Technologies that enable organizations to utilize the workforce as a competitive asset. (talent management, benefits, HR core)
• Internet of Things - A network of smart objects enables smart services. (sensors, smart ‘things’, device to purchase, fog computing)• Matrix Commerce - Technologies supporting the future of commerce from payments through supply chain management (digital retail, supply chain, payments, 'ubiquitous-channel' retail)
• Next Generation Customer Experience - How organizations keep brand promises as business shifts to systems of engagement and mass personalization. (crm, customer experience)
• Technology Optimization - Innovative methods to balance innovation and IT budgets. (fog computing, next gen apps, low code apps)
Check back often as we'll be updating these FAQs frequently.
- Can we submit our application for more than one category? Sure. Tailor your application for relevancy, and resubmit your application for each additional category.
- I work for a vendor/PR firm, and want to submit a client for an award, how can I ensure the application isn't disqualified? You may submit an application for a client, but ensure the contact information on the application belongs to the applicant; not you. We will disqualify any applications in which the contact information and applicant information do not match. You may add your contact information alongside your client's information.
Can I nominate a client? Yes, but you must provide client contact information. Any applications without client contact information will be disqualified.
What should I write about? The SuperNova Awards use a set application designed to highlight innovative adoption practices, the effect of disruptive technology, and the leadership of the nominee. You should do your best to emphasize unique adoption hurdles, resulting change in business model as a result of the implementation, and provide strong metrics to show the business value of the project to the organization. Download a sample application.
- Any insight into what you're looking for? We're looking for end users who are utilizing technology in an innovative way. We understand the trials of disruptive technology adoption, and we want to honor those who are making it happen within their organizations.
What are the elements of the Awards application? Preview a copy of the awards application here: http://constellationr.com/content/what-expect-when-applying-supernova-award. Review applications of previous SuperNova Award winners here: https://www.constellationr.com/content/supernova-award-winners
Are there fees to enter the awards? Nope.
Portions of my submission are under NDA. Will you honor NDAs? You should not submit any information that is under NDA. The information in the application will be published to the Constellation website for public voting should you advance to the finalist round.
What is the difference between the "Metrics" and the "Results" section of the application? The "Results" are the results of your project--before and after results work well here. We're looking for an explanation of how your project changed your organization, company, or industry. The "Metrics" are essentially the numbers to back the "Results" section of the application. We want to see numbers in the Metrics section.
Can international applicants apply for the Awards? Yes! We accept international and domestic applications. The SuperNova Awards is a global search for the most innovative technology projects!
When will the SuperNova Award finalists be announced? Finalists will be announced on September 12, 2017. All finalists are invited to attend Constellation's Connected Enterprise innovation summit. Constellation's Connected Enterprise | October 25-27, 2017 | San Francisco Bay Area
When will the SuperNova Award winners be announced? The SuperNova Award winners will be announced live, on stage at the SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner - on the second night of Constellation's Connected Enterprise. October 26, 2017.
When do the polls open? The polls are open September 18 - October 2. More information about voting after Constellation announces SuperNova Award finalists on September 12, 2017.
How do I vote? Come back September 18, and you'll be able to cast your vote here: https://www.constellationr.com/events/supernova/2017